Do you wish to present at #ShenFringe?
Excellent! We were hoping you would.
Applications are CLOSED
Shenandoah Fringe is a curated festival and our panel of jurors looks forward to the weird and curious offerings from our diverse region. All applications will be online and will require some amount of material evidence for your pitch or past work you have done.
This is a profit sharing model, so every creative who participates from dancers to tech crew will be paid. The festival will split each show's ticket sales (excluding the Workshop Stage) with the presenters. This allows us to take on the task of festival logistics to present your work and allows you the opportunity to continue being a sustainable member of the artist workforce- remember artwork is work.
Presenters and Shenandoah Fringe will split ticket sales 50/50.
What you can expect from ShenFringe:
- A venue for your film
- Tech crew and venue manager
- 1 ticket & 1 button per presenter for another show at the festival + 50% off additional tickets
- All ticketing managed
- Free entrance to all festival special events and parties
- A marketing package to help you spread the word about your show at the festival
- Help finding housing during the festival if you need it
- NOTE: ShenFringe tickets for events lasting about an hour. If your work is shorter than 45 minutes it will be scheduled in a double feature. You will split the 50% of the door with your fellow presenters concurrent with the percentage of time your work fills.
What ShenFringe will need from you:
- A fully completed online submission form including display requirements, description of your offering, material support of this work or past work and the payment of the $20 application fee
- A signed contract saying you will present at our festival in our profit share model
- Web ready images of you or your group no later than February 15
- Your utmost effort in helping to promote the festival with the help of the marketing package we provide you
- Film makers do not need to be present at ShenFringe to have their movies screened, but your being there allows for panels and meet ups
- A venue fee of $30
What Are We Looking For?
- Short films
- Longer form pieces up to 120 minutes (unless you've got a REALLY convincing argument for more time...)
- All varieties of production welcome!
- Digital only at this time (If you want to present something on film and have the equipment to do so, please let us know!)
This festival runs Sunday & Monday. It is our intent to provide at least 2 opportunities for each performance should you want them. We will strongly consider submissions that can commit to participating both days.