Do you wish to perform at #ShenFringe?
Hooray! We were hoping you did.
Applications are CLOSED
Shenandoah Fringe is a curated festival and our panel of jurors looks forward to the weird and curious offerings from our diverse region. All applications will be online and will require some amount of material evidence for your pitch or past work you have done.
This is a profit sharing model, so every creative who participates from dancers to tech crew will be paid. The festival will split each show's ticket sales (excluding the Workshop Stage) with the performers. This allows us to take on the task of festival logistics to present your work and allows you the opportunity to continue being a sustainable member of the artist workforce- remember artwork is work.
Presenters and Shenandoah Fringe will split ticket sales 50/50.
What you can expect from ShenFringe:
- A venue (with electricity, basic lighting, sound amplification if needed) and a tech rehearsal in that space or busking station
- The Kettle: large venue has a capacity of 60 seats - Small Venue of 30 seats - ShenFringe HQ & Gallery TBD
- Tech crew and venue manager
- 1 ticket & 1 button per performer for another show at the festival + 50% off any additional tickets
- All ticketing managed
- Free entrance to all festival special events and parties
- A marketing package to help you spread the word about your show at the festival
- Option to purchase photographic and video archival footage of your show for $50
- Help finding housing during the festival if you need it
What ShenFringe will need from you:
- A fully completed online submission form including tech specs, space requirements, description of your offering, how many people are involved in the piece, material support of the work or past performances and the payment of the $20 application fee
- A signed contract saying you will perform at our festival in our profit share model
- Web ready images of you or your group no later than February 15
- The ability to Load In/Out of your venue in 20 min
- Your utmost effort in helping to promote the festival with the help of the marketing package we provide you
- A venue fee of $30 ($15 for cabaret performers)
- Potentially, proof of liability insurance. This will depend on your offering and if it can be covered under our event insurance. Aerialists- you must have you own.
We also look forward to having a Workshop Stage for embryonic and in progress works that will be drawn by lottery. Space at this donations based event will be extremely limited- we are so excited for what will come out of it!
What Are We Looking For?
- Short pieces (no longer than 30 minutes.)
- Longer form shows up to 60 minutes (unless you've got a REALLY convincing argument for more time...)
- Circus & vaudeville & cabaret
In a festival format, the low tech show is King. You will have an extremely limited amount of time to load in and out of a venue, you will meet your stage manager the day before (if you're lucky), and rigorous tech and set needs are a double edged sword that is likely to stab you mid show. Consider embracing the stripped down Fringe version of your project. There is plenty of room to play and experiment inside a sparse space.
This festival runs Sunday & Monday. It is our intent to provide at least 2 opportunities for each performance should you want them. We will strongly consider submissions that can commit to participating both days.
NOTE: Short-form work will be paired up to create live double features and single acts will be presented in cabaret format. This means you will split the 50% of your event's door with your fellow presenters.
If you would like to present as an un-ticketed event, please get in touch with Carmel.