Get on the boat!
Citizens of Earth, it is a well known and little acknowledged fact that volunteers who contribute their blood, sweat, tears, and sanity to project are INVALUABLE RESOURCES. That's just science.
We call upon you to get on the boat! Volunteers and interns of the festival can expect a Fringe Button for access to all special ShenFringe events and galleries, housing if they need it, EVEN COLLEGE CREDIT!
We will need techs, and front of house, and drivers, and gophers, and hospitality, and front of house, and dressers, and cheerleaders, and canvassers.
READ MORE about our internship positions below...
Staffers & Volunteers
Crew Positions and Descriptions
What are we looking for? Bring us your boldness, your curiosity, your enthusiasm! As an intern with the festival, you will be working as part of our box office staff to help run our show venues.
What are the benefits? While volunteers are unpaid you will receive a meal stipend, 1 comp ticket, and 50% off additional tickets, a free entry button to the festival. If you are in need of housing, we may be able to help. Not to mention you get to be a part of an innovative, creative, and wondrously weird festival!
Front of House:
- Aide in on-site venue ticketing
- Answer patron concerns
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist the Venue and House Managers during shows
- Commit a full weekend (4/6-4/10) to the festival
- Help with set-up and breakdown of festival events
- At least 18 years of age
- Work closely with your Venue Manager
- Run and trouble shoot sound and/or lights in venues
- Prep and strike venue space for shows
- Interface directly with performers
- Must be at least 16 years of age